General Dentist in Midtown Manhattan, NY
If you think about all your general dentist does for you and your family, the importance of coming into our office for routine care is clear. In fact, general dentistry is the first line of defense against common dental issues like decay and gum disease. By coming in to see us every six months for exams and cleanings, we are able to detect problems during their earliest stages when they're easier to treat. At these visits we also screen for oral cancer.
These routine oral exams may not always seem very important. In fact, if you aren’t experiencing any dental issues or symptoms then everything must be fine, right? Well actually, many times people with dental problems don’t often experience any symptoms, so the only way we actually know there is an issue is with these preventive cleanings and checkups.
A general dentist also gets to know the growing needs of every member of your family. We check off important dental milestones for your children, provide orthodontic treatments that cater to any member of the family, remove plaque and tartar buildup to prevent cavities and gum disease and also educate our patients on the importance of at-home oral care.
Regular checkups now can prevent more serious problems down the road, such as cavities and gum disease. To keep your smile on track, Gentle Dental NYC offers:
General Dentistry Services
We offers a wide range of services to make sure your teeth stay healthy, function well and look great. These procedures include:
- Cleanings. This is where dental health starts. There's just no substitute for physically removing disease-causing dental plaque and calculus (tartar) from your teeth — especially in hard-to-reach areas near the gum line. That's why regular professional cleanings are so important to your health.
- Dental Sealants. These invisible plastic coatings fill the tiny grooves in back teeth so they do not become havens for bacteria. They prevent cavities from forming and the need for fillings later on.
- Fluoride. This mineral is readily incorporated into the teeth's mineral structure, thereby making them stronger and more decay-resistant. Fluoride can even reverse tiny cavities that are starting to form. If you are not getting enough from your toothpaste and drinking water, it can be applied directly to your teeth at the dental office.
- Mouthguards. Athletic Mouthguards are designed to absorb and distribute the forces of impact and minimize traumatic injury to both the hard and soft tissues of the mouth. In fact, an athlete is 60 times more likely to suffer harm to teeth when not wearing a mouthguard. The best ones are custom-made for you by your dentist.
- Oral Cancer Screenings. Your best chance of surviving oral cancer — a disease that affects not only lifelong smokers but also young non-smokers — is early detection and treatment. Oral cancer screenings are a routine part of every regular dental exam.
- X-Rays. For around a century, dentists have been using x-rays to reveal signs of disease not visible to the naked eye. Now, with CAT scans, they have become three-dimensional and are an indispensable tool to diagnose tooth decay, gum disease, bone density, bone volume and tumors.
We are ready and equipped to spot any problems early on and treat them as needed. Our smile restoration services include:
When to Visit the Dentist
Many people only go to the dentist when something is wrong. That is truly a shame, because they are missing out on so many preventive services that can save discomfort — and expense — down the road. Regular dental visits are essential to make sure oral health problems — from tooth decay to oral cancer — are detected and treated in a timely manner. Some individuals may need to see the dentist more often than others to stay on top of problems like plaque buildup and gum disease, but everyone should go at least twice per year.
Your regular dental visits will include a thorough oral exam to check the health of your teeth and gums; and oral cancer screening to spot any suspicious signs early; and a professional cleaning to remove stubborn deposits and make your teeth look and feel great. So don't miss out on the many benefits general dentistry offers you and your family!
While the goal behind general dentistry is to prevent issues from happening to your teeth, we also know that this isn’t always avoidable. That’s why we also offer the best in cosmetic and restorative dentistry. After all, we want you to have a one-stop dental shop that you and your family can always turn to when you need it the most.
If you or someone in your family needs to schedule their next dental visit,
call our Midtown Manhattan, NY dental office at 212-355-2195 today!