Find out why skipping out on those routine dental checkups is never a good idea.
When was the last time you saw your general dentist Midtown? If it’s been over six months, one year, or several years, then it’s time to schedule an appointment with us. People often think that they only need to visit the dentist when a problem arises, but our Midtown Manhattan, NY, cosmetic dentist Dr. Kara Mason can provide your teeth and gums with the care they need to prevent these issues from happening in the first place.
What is preventive care?
The goal of preventive dental care is to provide your smile with the care it needs to prevent cavities, gum disease, injury, or other issues. By taking the necessary and easy steps now you can protect your smile against serious and even irreparable damage. And the good news is that everyone can perform simple preventive care measures every day to take steps toward better oral health. These steps include:
- Brushing twice a day for a minimum of 2 minutes at a time
- Flossing once a day
- Using an oral rinse daily
- Avoiding sugar and alcohol
- Eating a healthy diet
- Quitting smoking
- Staying hydrated
- Visiting your dentist twice a year for checkups
- Wearing a mouthguard when playing sports
What are the pros of preventive care?
Providing your smile with proper care day daily is paramount to maintaining good oral health for the long term. Just following the simple steps above can avoid needing dental treatments and procedures that are time-consuming, costly, and invasive. Along with good oral hygiene seeing your General Dentist Midtown specialist every six months provides additional benefits such as:
- Reducing your risk for decay
- Reducing your chances for gum disease
- Pinpointing problems early on when they are easier to treat
- Fresher breath
- Oral cancer screenings to promote early detection of cancer
- Removing surface stains to give you a whiter smile
- Pinpointing potential problems with your general health with cause oral symptoms
- Avoiding possible dental procedures and additional visits
- Saving time and money
Don’t let your oral health fall by the wayside. Seeing your General Dentist Midtown professional every six months can provide you with what you need for a healthy smile for life. Call Gentle Dental NYC in Midtown Manhattan, NY, at (212) 355-2195 to schedule your next cleaning.